Friday, June 27, 2008

Off to the Midwest

We're getting ready to leave this morning to head first to Indianapolis to visit my brother, and then to St Louis to visit my parents, sister, and neice and nephew. James hasn't seen them since Christmas 2006 so I think he's really looking forward to it all (except the drive). The girls are most looking forward to fishing with my brother (that's something they don't get anywhere else as I am NOT a fishing kind of gal) and playing with their cousins (the only 2 they have).

On a side note, I was back to teaching on Wed and Thurs after having been off for about 2 weeks. It felt SOOO good to be back at it! On the cruise I did work out, and we stuck to our pact to not use the elevators which was a tremendous help, I'm sure, in keeping the weight relatively down. I know I gained something but I'm hoping it wasn't too bad. Anyway, I really missed teaching while I was gone and feel bad that I only returned for 2 days before taking off again. I'm anxious to get back to a routine where I'm back for good. I miss the ladies, the workouts, and the predictability.

Oh, and I HAVE to get into a marathon training groove when we get home. Due to my aching feet (plantar fascitis) and a bum knee I am having to reformulate my approach to tackling the marathon. Instead of jogging it like I'd planned I'm going to go wit a training plan that has me walking it. Not what I wanted but based on my injuries it's obviously what my body is telling me I need. Sometimes we finally have to listen to what our bodies are saying or risk further injury.

So, come July 7th when we return, it is GAME ON with the training schedule!

No comments: