Saturday, November 03, 2007

Spring forward, fall back



What better day to reminisce about times gone by that on this beautiful autumn day when the brisk morning and refreshingly pleasant afternoon make me want to jump right into a leaf pile along with my children! As I remind myself to turn the clocks back tonight, a sure sign that another year has passed, I find myself reflecting on all the years that have disappeared since I became a Mother.


How truly fast time does fly. You never know it until you suddenly realize one day that your baby is no longer a baby. This picture of Morgan was taken right after she turned two, in my parent's yard in St. Louis. It seems like only yesterday that I was raking up the leaf pile for Morgan and watching her drown in the sea of autumn crunchiness.


Somehow, nearly overnight, she has grown, matured, and sprouted wings. Tonight she is at a sleepover with a friend, not her first and surely not her last by any means. Yet it seems like just days ago she was the little toddler in this picture, too young to dream of sleeping away from home, but old enough to have already supplied her parents with a lifetime of joy. I miss you, my sweet baby girl, and yet I love your independence. You were wonderful then and you are your best ever now.


Enjoy the fall, but never fall back, keep springing forward with all your might.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Welcome to blogland Kris! Congrats to Morgan on her accomplishment! :-)

Melissa said...

I can't even think about it. I am sitting here, 3 months home with my child and already noticing so much that is different about him. It's hard to know that time passes so quickly - sometimes I wish there were a pause button on life.

You are such a great mother & your love for your little ones really shows; I really enjoyed this post!