Friday, May 16, 2008

T-minus 5 hours

Isn't that what mission control uses to countdown until liftoff? Well, it is now "T- minus 5 hours" here meaning it is about 5 hours from when James should be landing. Unbelievable that this day has finally arrived. I'm in shock and dumbfounded, thrilled beyond words, and nauseous.

Yep. That's right. I'm sick to my stomach. I'm certain it is mostly nerves and anxiousness. I wasn't even able to give it my all in class this morning because my stomach was churning so much. I wonder if other ladies go through these same emotions or if I'm the only silly one that gets this feeling in her stomach like a giddy bride on her wedding day. Jeesh, we've been married almost 14 years. I guess it's a good thing, though, to still feel butterflies after all this time. It means the spark is still there and the absence certainly made the heart grow fonder.

The wait will end soon enough. Until then I have oodles to finish up around the house. My next post will be after he's made it home!!!!

1 comment:

Robin said...

I am so excited for you!! Happy homecoming!