Thursday, August 28, 2008

I've never liked Pink Floyd anyway

"Just another brick in the wall," he says?

YEAH, RIGHT!

Someone ought to tell him I'm taking those bricks out of the wall.

Remember the post not too far back where I mentioned all the brick walls I was running into with my training and how I wasn't certain I could make it through to the marathon but I was going to try my hardest and push through those walls to show how badly I wanted this? Well, I'm pushing, and I do believe some bricks are coming out of the walls. Little by little the walls are crumbling and I'm feeling more confident that I can and will finish that half-marathon in January.

Last Tuesday I did five miles on the track but struggled with a bit of foot pain while doing them. My schedule didn't allow me time to get back to the track again until today, where I upped the laps to 6 miles. I alternated jogging with walking and accomplished the mission in 1 hour, 17 minutes.

And miraculously my feet didn't hurt one bit while on the track! Now that I'm home I can feel them starting to ache a bit but I'll ice them and stretch them well to keep them from screaming at me.

I need to leave in a little bit to teach my aqua class and then this evening I have a step class to teach. Of all days, one would think I must be insane to plan my biggest walk of the week on the same day I double up on my class teachings, but this was the only day I could fit the training in.

But I'm feeling pretty proud that what I'm aiming for is within sight and my body isn't rebelling like it had a while back.

So take that Pink Floyd!

2 comments:

Spartan7 said...

You're doing great! Keep up the great work.

Melissa said...

You go girl!! BTW, I emailed you...