Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Quick update

We spent the Labor Day weekend at the beach in Destin, Florida, trying to get down there and back before Gustav reared his ugly head. I'll post more on that another time, along with some pictures from the trip. It was great to be back on the sand and enjoying the family time. We are definitely beach people!

I worked on tearing the wall down a little more today but am suffering for it a bit tonight. I walked an easy 1 mile with Beth this morning at her school before hitting the track on my own for 7 miles. I walked more than jogged, but I did do a fair amount of jogging in there if I do say so myself. I finished the 7 mile trek in 1 hour, 33 minutes. I haven't decided if I will up the mileage to 8 next week or repeat the 7 hoping for a better time. Either way, I'm pleased that I'm completing the tasks I set for myself. Oh yeah, I also taught an aqua class today.

Tonight my feet are aching from the plantar fascitis, and one toenail is really sore which James says is a common runner's injury (called "runner's toe," I guess). I plan to ice the feet and elevate them after I get the kids in bed. A good deal of stretching will probably help, too.

As James put it to me today when describing his own injuries, "you gotta know when to work through the pain and when to stop from the pain," or something to that effect. I'm working through the pain right now as it's tolerable and I'm feeling confident that I can keep this up. And if I have to stop at some point, well, that'll just be one more brick wall I'll have to battle down like the ones before.

Just a little more than 4 months left until the marathon. Hip hip horray!

No comments: